If you’re switching your smartphone and don’t know- How to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android, then this guide will help you. We have written two different methods to transfer WhatsApp chats from iOS to Android.
Android is the most popular smartphone operating system globally. Android is an open-source platform that provides tons of customization. However, Apple’s iPhone is running on a closed and secured operating system known as iOS.
Due to a secured operating system, tech geeks can’t do many customizations. Hence, they decide to switch back to Android smartphones. Also, there are thousands of smartphone brands that provide powerful hardware with the Android operating system.
If you planning to switch back to Android from iOS and find it difficult to transfer data from iPhone, then this guide is for you. Have you got some important chats on iPhone’s WhatsApp and don’t know how to transfer to Android?
So, this guide is for you. In this guide, we are going to learn how to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. We shall look at the different methods to transfer iPhone’s WhatsApp data to Android.
Similar Guide– How To Transfer Data From Android To iPhone
How To Transfer WhatsApp Data From iPhone To Android
There are different methods to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android or vice-versa.
Let’s see all easy methods here-
Method #1- Export WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android without PC
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Click on the Chat window.
- Now, tap on the conversation that you want to export.
- After opening the conversation, click on the Profile Info or Group Name.
- Scroll down and tap on Export Chat.
- Now choose Attach Media if you want to transfer all images, videos, documents, etc.
- If you don’t want to export media, then just click on the Without Media option.
- Wait for a few seconds till WhatsApp exporting all your conversation in a Zip format.
- Choose Email or Gmail app (if you installed).
- Send it to your email address.
- Now head over to your Android device.
- Open your Email address where you sent the attachment.
- Download the Zip attachment on your Android phone.
- Open WhatsApp on Android and backup all your data to Gdrive.
- After taking a backup, uninstall WhatsApp from Android.
- Go to Google Play Store and download WhatsApp.
- Start setting up WhatsApp until you see- Restore backup.
- Choose the export file you downloaded from Email.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Complete the setup and boom, all WhatsApp messages have been transferred from iPhone to Android.
Note– This method is easy but lengthy. You can only export one conversation at a time. So, read the second method to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
Method #2- How To Transfer WhatsApp Data From iPhone to Android
This is a 1-click method to transfer all your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. In this method, you need a PC.
Follow these steps-
- First of all, Enable USB Debugging from the Developer options of your Android phone.
- Download MobileTrans software for Windows or macOS.
- Install MobileTrans software on your PC.
- Now connect your iPhone using the original lightning cable.
- Click on Trust this device when prompt.
- Now connect your Android phone and select the USB Debugging option.
- Launch MobileTrans on your PC and select WhatsApp.
- Select the WhatsApp messages transfer option.
- Choose iPhone as the source device and Android as the destination.
- Now click Start.
Boom! All your WhatsApp messages will be transferred to Android within a few minutes.
Note– You can choose With Media or Without Media option as per your choice.
Nobody wants to miss their memorable moments or important conversation on WhatsApp. If you’re switching from iOS to Android or vice-versa, then follow the above steps to transfer WhatsApp data from one smartphone to another.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. You feedbacks and suggestions will help us to improve. Thanks for reading this guide.