Android is the most popular mobile operating system. It’s been used globally and there are hundreds of mobile phone manufacturers that power their smartphones with the Android operating systems.
Android is an opensource mobile operating system that comes with lot’s customization. That’s the reason why there are low-priced Android smartphones also available in the market.
Alongside that, Apple is known for its luxurious brand value. Apple provides a range of smartphones that runs its custom operating system called iOS. It’s a fully secure operating system that comes with limited customization.
Because of limited device variants running on iOS, hence developers provides regular updates for iPhone. It’s a private operating system that provides smoother experience with almost no lags.
Well, this post is not about the comparison of Android and iOS. So, rather we focus on our primary topic i.e. data transfer from Android to iOS.
How To Transfer Data From Android To iPhone?
If you recently got a new iPhone and looking to transfer your Android data to your new smartphone then this guide is for you. Here we are going to learn the step-by-step process to transfer Android data to iOS devices.
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on your new iPhone. It has a luxurious brand value in society.
Enough buttering… 😉
Let’s move to the main topic… It’s time to move your contacts, messages, call logs, etc. to your new smartphone.
Considering you’ve got a brand new iPhone, we’ll use Apple official app to move contacts, messages, call logs, photos, etc. on iOS.
Follow these steps to transfer Android data to iPhone-
- Open Google Play Store on your Android Phone.
- Type Move to iOS in the search bar.
- Install Move to iOS app on your Android smartphone.
- Now boot your iPhone by pressing the power button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you see- Apps and Data.
- In this section you’ll see- Move Data from Android.
- Select this option on your iPhone.
- Now launch the Move to iOS app on your Android phone.
- Head over to your iPhone and tap on Continue.
- A code will appear on your iPhone.
- Go to your Android phone and choose transfer data to iOS.
- Your Android phone will search your iPhone through a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- It’ll ask you to enter the security code.
- Enter the code displaying on your iPhone screen.
- Select the types of data your want to transfer such as Google Accounts, Contacts, Bookmarks, Messages, Camera Rolls, etc.
- Wait for a few minutes till data is transferred to your new iPhone.
- Once all Android data is transferred to the iOS, click Continue setting up your iPhone.
- Finish the setup and you’ll see- All Android data is transferred to your iPhone.
That’s all… Now you can enjoy the smooth experience of iOS with all your Android data.
If you already setup your iPhone and want to transfer Android data with this method, you can factory reset of your iPhone to perform these steps.
How To Factory Reset iPhone?
Here’s what you can do to reset your iPhone-
- Go to your iPhone Settings option.
- Select General from the settings menu.
- Scroll down and choose Reset option.
- Now click on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your Phone password.
After factory reset, you can use the Transfer to iOS app to transfer all Android data to iPhone. You can follow the above steps to transfer all your data such as Contacts, Messages, Camera Rolls, Bookmarks, etc.
How To Transfer Android Data to iOS with Dr. Fone?
There are many third-party software’s that support 1-click data transfer between two different OS. Dr. Fone is one of them which gained immense popularity among iPhone users.
Dr. Fone is a popular PC software that supports Windows and macOS. It’s been used for transferring data from one smartphone to another. It supports all popular mobile devices.
Dr.Fone is also support cross-platform data transfer. You easily transfer your Android data to iOS without any hassle. Although it’s a paid software but it’s useful. Transferring data with Dr.Fone is quite easy.
Let’s see- how to transfer Android data to iOS with Dr.Fone…
Follow these steps to transfer smartphone data from one device to another with Dr. Fone-
- First of all Download Dr.Fone for Windows or macOS.
- Install Dr. Fone on your PC and login with your account details.
- Now connect both the devices between you want to transfer the data. Use the original USB cable to connect the devices.
- Enable USB Debugging on Android and Turn ON Find my Device on iPhone.
- Launch Dr. Fone on your PC or Mac.
- Select the Switch option.
- Both the devices will be detected, One is the source and another is the destination device.
- You can use the Flip option to change source and destination.
- Now choose the types of data you want to transfer.
- Now click on the Start Transfer button and wait.
Within a few minutes, all the data will be transferred to your destination device.
It’s an exciting experience to try a new device. Your older data can’t stop you to try a new device anymore. You can transfer all your data from Android to iOS with the above-listed methods.
Dr. Fone is a paid software by Wondershare and you can purchase the license key to enjoy unlimited transfer. However, the first method is completely free and you can use it to transfer Android data on iPhone in just a few seconds.