If you recently switched to iOS from Android then probably you don’t have much idea about lots of shortcuts. In case, your iPhone doesn’t work smoothly (although it’s rare) then you can force restart iPhone to get it fixed.
But, the real question is- How to force restart an iPhone? Because you were an Android user earlier or your device never behaved strangely before that.
So, in this tutorial we are going to learn how to force shutdown an iPhone or force restart iPhone 12 or earlier series.
Why force shutdown iPhone?
Even though iOS is the the most smooth smartphone operating system but sometimes it also lags. While doing some work your iPhone may stuck.
In that case, you should shutdown your iPhone then turn ON back and it fixes all the issues.
You would have faced such situation on Android. But it’s easy to force shut down any Android device. Just press and hold the power button for a few seconds and it automatically stops all the apps and shutdown.
But, the process of force shutdown an iPhone is different. In the next paragraphs, we shall learn the process to force restart/shutdown of iPhone.
How To Force Restart iPhone?
Apple has series of iPhones but the latest one is iPhone 12 series. So, in this guide we’ll learn step-by-step process to force restart/shutdown iPhone (all models).
How To Force Restart iPhone with Face ID (iPhone 12 series, 11 series, XR, XS)
Follow these steps to force restart iPhone 12 to iPhone X series devices-
- Press and quickly release Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Now press and hold the power button.
- Hold till the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen.
- Release to bootup and then enter your lock-screen password and enjoy.
How To Force Restart iPhone 8 or iPhone SE 2020
If you’ve iPhone 8 or iPhone SE 2020 (second generation) then follow these steps to force restart-
- Press Volume Up button and release it quickly.
- Press Volume Down button and release it quickly.
- Now press and hold the side button till Apple logo appears.
- Now release the side button and once it boot-up, enter your password and enjoy.
How To Force Restart iPhone 7
If you’re owning an iPhone 7 and want to force restart it, then follow these steps-
- Press and hold Volume Down and Side button together.
- Release once Apple logo appears.
- Now enter the password/touch ID when boot-up.
- Enjoy lag-free experience now.
How To Force Restart iPhone 6s and iPhone SE
Follow these steps to force restart iPhone 6s and iPhone SE (1st generation)-
- Press and hold Sleep and Home button together.
- Release when Apple logo appears.
I hope you enjoyed this guide. I have explained all possible methods to force restart an iPhone. I tried to keep it as simple as possible. If you still have any query then please comment below. I shall definitely try to resolved your issue.